Saturday, January 10, 2009

Canon 5D MKII

I finally found a distributor that had the 5D MKII kit in stock and priced at MSRP. Adorama and B&H are selling them at MSRP but both were out of stock. The other few vendors that had them in stock over the last month were charging $500-900 over MSRP. I was checking Canoga Camera on a daily basis and was surprised to see that they had stock one day. I bought my 5D MKI from them; good pricing, good service, quick to ship, so I quickly put the order in. They didn't have the battery grip in stock, so I bought it from B&H instead. I'm still waiting for the battery, which I have on back order with Adorama.

Canon also just released the 5D MKII firmware update to v1.0.7 to fix the black dot and banding issues.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It's Jason...long time no talk!

    I got my hands on this camera back last fall...You might want to talk with the guys at Service Photo in Baltimore. Chuck and Burke are awesome and they hooked me up with the camera and batteries. (still bought the vert grip from B&H)

    Have fun with it...I now have both 5D's. :)

    Jason

    www.servicephoto.com 410-235-6200

    ReplyDelete